Titch Tours has its origins in the early 1990s, when the late Evette Johnson and her husband, Michael formed Titch Travel in their garage in Cape Town. Their travel company grew and diversified and their daughter, Mandi joined them in 1994.
Evette, Mandi and Michael explored many exotic destinations: The Balkans, the Baltic States, China, Croatia, Central & Eastern Europe, Egypt, India, Italy, Japan, Mongolia, Russia and South America.
Sadly Evette passed away in 2008, but Michael and Mandi continue to design and lead exciting escorted tours around the world.
Titch Tours is proud to say that many travellers are ‘repeats’, and become good friends and members of the “Titch Family”; which supports our belief that we provide “tours with a difference”. We offer fun and rewarding experiences, ensuring at all times that no-one is left out and everybody discovers something intriguing in faraway destinations.
Preparing to go on tour
“Cake parties” are held in our Cape Town office prior to going on tour. Here we brief our travellers about tour arrangements and they have an opportunity to meet other tour members and the tour leader.
Titch undertakes to:
- Book your place on the tour
- Assist you with airline bookings
- Arrange for breakaways before or after the tour, if applicable
- Assist with visas & health requirements
- Hand out the FACT FILE – prepared as a companion and travel guide
- Hand out Titch wallets, name tags and rucksacks (pictured here the 2 pictures of the rucksack)
- Offer loan of books from the Titch Library